KEEPERS OF THE KINGDOM
We are engaged in an epic battle for the hearts and minds of our youth. Every day, they’re bombarded with lies about who they are, who their Creator is, and where their salvation comes from. Thankfully, God has given his children armor to wear in this battle between truth and lies, light and darkness, good and evil.
With Keepers of the Kingdom, your kids will learn how they can be part of God’s kingdom through salvation in his Son and will be equipped with the armor of God to become Keepers of the Kingdom and strong in today’s battle for truth.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
VBS is open to all children who will be at least 4 years old by the start of VBS thru those students who are completing 5th grade this school year. Don't worry if you can't make it every night. We would love to have your child as many evenings as they can attend!
Your child will learn how he or she can be a part of God's Kingdom and about the Armor of God they can "put on" to fight in the battle for truth.
Cornerstone Family Church
205 N Peru Street
Byron, IL 61010
VBS will be held July 31st thru August 4th from 6 -8 pm. Friday night will be our Family Fun Night! More info to come as the time gets closer!
We will provide a fun atmosphere for kids to learn through songs, games, crafts, teaching time, and skits!
The cost for VBS is $15 and will include a shirt along with an activity booklet and pen. Please pay by cash or check to the church office during normal business hours or to Kim Ness or Katie Dodd as there is not a way to pay online during the registration process.
*As in years past, we will collect an offering each night; however, there is a no obligation to give. This year the offering will go to supporting the ministry of Children's Hunger Fund Forged in Hope. You can learn more about what they do by visiting their website at https://childrenshungerfund.org/
*To ensure your child's safety, we ask that an approved drop-off/pick-up person come inside to sign in and sign out your child each night. All volunteers 18 years of age and older must have a background check on file.
We can't pull off VBS without our wonderful volunteers! There are so many ways to get involved either in the planning/prepping for VBS and/or helping during VBS week! Using your gifts and talents to serve our children will be a huge blessing to us! THANK YOU!!
What are some of the ways I can volunteer BEFORE VBS?
- Planning committee
- Prepare craft materials
- Building sets
- Painting and assembling banners/backdrops, etc.
- Decorating classrooms
What are some ways I can volunteer DURING VBS?
- Troupe leader or assistant (no teaching required)
- Station leader or helper for games
- Station leader or helper for snacks
- Station leader or helper for crafts/science
- Skit performers/lesson teacher
- Music/dance coordinator or performer
- Sound/video tech
- Decorating coordinator or helper
- Tear down crew
- Nursery volunteer
- Prayer coordinator
- Station rotation time keeper
* This list is extensive but not all-inclusive. We will be adding to the list as needs arise. If you have other ideas we would love to hear from you! Also, if you would like to volunteer at VBS but have kids too young to attend VBS, we will be staffing our nursery to free you up to serve at no charge. All volunteers age 18 and over must have a background check on file at the church prior to the start of VBS. If you have students who are too old to attend VBS as a participant, they may sign up to volunteer but do not require a background check. Additionally, dinner will be provided to all volunteers and their families in attendance each night during VBS week to help ease the burden of preparing a meal before you come to serve. This is our way of saying, "THANK YOU!".
VBS VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION here
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Please contact Katie with any questions regarding VBS.